The Cogito Academy of Leaders is a forge of creativity as well as a school for its members of how to increase their quality of life.
The Cogito Academy of Leaders gathers people acting for the communities of the mentally ill in Poland who have also experienced a mental crisis themselves.
In the Cogito Academy of Leaders we strive for sustainable growth in equipping our members with knowledge and skills, as well as with tools necessary for more effective actions aimed at changing the reality in a specific, positive direction.
The Cogito Academy of Leaders is a meeting place for the most active and most engaged individuals who exchange their experience, share their successes, support each other in hardships at work, thus creating favourable conditions for mutual empowerment and generating new ideas, as well as new ways to bring them to life.
Academy of Leaders – new way of fighting the stigma
We want our activities to become more and more professional and effective. To make it feasible, we benefit from the experience and competences of coaches.
The Cogito Academy of Leaders programme comprises various points, among others:
– baseline rules for the process of communication; distinguishing facts from opinions, judgements and esteems,
– information analysis; hardships of communication; manners of communicating in various social situations;
– assertiveness in interpersonal contacts; distinguishing between assertiveness and aggression; assertiveness vs. submissiveness; reacting to criticism.
– Negotiations – preparation, conduct, final arrangements; how to recognise manipulation, mind-set, emotions and attitudes of negotiators
– Perfection of tolerance; analysis of own behaviours, attitudes, opinions; personal and group identity
– Categorisation, stereotypes – roots, features, consequences; discrimination and how to counter-act it; how to recognise hate speech
– Dealing with conflict situations; sources of conflict, perception of conflict by different parties, reactions and grounds for different perceptions of conflict; behavioural training against aggressive attitudes
– Team-building; phases of team development, group roles; needs and predispositions of team members, identification and usage of team-members’ aptitudes
– Basic procedures in contacts with public administration resulting from legal regulations; rights and obligations of parties
– the nature of civil society; ability to win allies, partnership building; the nature of social consultations
– communication with the media, co-operation; use of Information Technology in communication.